The Bookstore is hosting an Artshow
If you would like to submit an art piece to the show please click below for requirementsClick here for artwork requirements and conditionsArtwork RequirementsArtworkSizeThere are two size maximums allowed for this showingSmall - Table set-upMAX size 16x20Large - Easel set-upMAX size 30x40Frame SizeNO THICKER THAN 1 INCHA frame is required for artworkMediumAny medium is allowedSmall - Table set-upWe will not allow 3 dimensional works at this timeThemeNo theme is required for this showingArtist statementRequired and submitted through the email submissionInformationNameTitle of work (if applicable)MediumDate Made (if applicable)Contact InformationStability of WorkSize (in inches)PricePricePrice must be included in the work/email submissionKeep in mind that the bookstore will give 20% of the sale price for a donation to the VAPA departmentInformation to keep in mind
Some of this information will be presented to you in the contract for approved works. This document may or may not include all information present in the contract. These are guidelines and added information to those who have not entered into a show before. This information is subjected to change at any time.
Art work(s) that is submitted through email must be ready to show including; Pictures of each piece, artists name, title of the pieces, what mediums were used for each piece, a frame must be included in the works (for the stability and security of the piece), and the price you would like to have the pieces displayed. The price cap for the work will not be allowed to go over $50 due to the nature of this event. A maximum of two works may be submitted per artist. Only 27 works will be selected for showing and sale, 21 of the smaller category and 6 of the larger category. The student will receive 80% of the commission while the bookstore will donate the other 20% to the VAPA department for further support of not only the program but for the students who study the arts.
The UCCS Bookstore reserves the right to select items, which we feel, can be adequately marketed in the bookstore environment and advertising. The curator will determine how and where the artwork is displayed. Any work dropped off that is not chosen for display must be claimed within 7 days or will be deemed abandoned and shall be disposed of or donated to the VAPA program. The UCCS Bookstore assumes permission to photograph works for publicity and documentation, this is non-negotiable for a public space. Artists are subject to have their work promoted and marketed including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, the UCCS Bookstore website, flyers, catalogs, etc.
Though the UCCS Bookstore strives to ensure the safety and handling of your artwork with the utmost care, the artist agrees that under NO circumstances is the UCCS Bookstore responsible for the loss, injury of, damage done to, occasioned by or arising from any article on exhibit or when left after release date. The artist is responsible for keeping track of the displayed period and understands that any items which have not sold during the featured period must be picked up within 7 business days following the end of the period or will be deemed abandoned and will become property of the UCCS Bookstore.
The artist affirms that he/she is the owner of listed items or is fully authorized by the legal owner to sell these items.The artist herby agrees to exhibit/sell the items listed (see attached document) for the herein stated period or until sold by the UCCS Bookstore; whichever occurs first.